The ITM held their Annual Conference in early May at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole to recongnise and celebrate the expertise of over 430 travel industry professionals.
During the conference a black tie charity Gala event was hosted by celebrity Keith Duffy and awards across 5 catergories were presented during the evening to the following:
- Rising star: Lewis Bayne, Group Services Category Manager, Ascential Plc
- UK Travel Manager: Anne Barlow, Head of UK & NEEMEA Travel Operations, UBS
- Multi-National Travel Manager: Nikki Rogan, Global Travel Manager, Symantec
- Travel Team of the Year: Morgan Stanley
- Chairman’s Award: Gianni Salvadori, Head of Sales Business Travel and Entertainment UK&I, Melia Hotels International
Congratulations to all the winners! However the evening didn't stop there, as ITM held their very own "ITM's Got Talent Gala Dinner Show" as part of the evening's entertainment. Our very own Head of Group Sales - Adam Simpson, jumped at the chance to take on Micheal Jackson's "Thriller" - here Adam explains how the showstopping acts came about!
"I joined the cast of ITM members that included, Mark Cuschieri (ITM Chairman & UBS Global Travel Manager), Jan Jacobsen (Global Travel Manager - AIG), Jenni Joynt (RBS), Andrea Caulfield_Smith (Easyjet), Helen Hodgkinson (Barclaycard), and 30 others to perform Thriller the final act of the show. We staged this show to raise £10,000 for the Birmingham Children’s Hospital a charity nominated by Joanna Dobson from CWT, who was also a cast member.
The performance was put together by a professional team including a Stage Director, Musical Director and Choreographer and we have been rehearsing over weekends at Pineapple Studios since January this year. But we couldn’t let slip as it was a surprise!"