This policy sets out how etc.venues’s approach to the use of the guest wi-fi at our venues by visitors and employees and it explains the terms and conditions that you will have agreed to in order to use our free wi-fi service at our venues.
We do not collect information through the use of the free wi-fi for marketing purposes or to share with any third parties, however, reading this policy will help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and how we protect and dispose of it.
End User Terms and Conditions
The paragraphs below set out the terms and conditions for etc.venues ltd. wireless internet access services (the "Service") supplied by etc.venues ltd. (“we”/”us”) to you ("you").
Access to the guest wi-fi is free of charge to visitors attending an event at one of our venues; the login details are available from the reception desks or at specific points throughout our venues. By using the login details you indicate your acceptance of our terms and conditions. The Service is intended to be used for e-mail, instant messaging, browsing the internet and the use of applications. By using the Service you agree to accept these terms, conduct your business within the terms stated, and be bound by Your Rights and Obligations as set out below.
These terms and conditions may be modified by us at any time and are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Your Rights and Obligations
- a) You confirm that by using the username and password provided to gain access to our guest wi-fi network you accept the Guest wi-fi policy as published in our website (www.etcvenues.co.uk/guest-wi-fi-policy)
- b) You are responsible for all charges incurred when accessing any subscription based websites or other chargeable services when using the Service and for all activities that occur on the Service using your registration information.
- c) You acknowledge that you are responsible for the security of your connection to the internet, your device that is used for connecting and for any sites you visit, emails you send or receive or information transmitted or received in any format when you use the Service.
- d) You acknowledge that you are responsible for all use of the Service through your account and for any breach of this Policy whether an unacceptable use occurs or is attempted, whether you knew or should have known about it, whether or not you carried out or attempted the unacceptable use alone, contributed to or acted with others or allowed any unacceptable use to occur by omission. You agree that we are not responsible for any of your activities in using the network. It is your responsibility to determine whether any of the content accessed via the Service (or your device) is appropriate.
- e) The content of landing pages and any applications is protected by intellectual property laws such as copyright and trademark. The re-distribution, re-publication, or otherwise making available of such material to third parties is prohibited. Unauthorised use of the landing page or applications may give rise to a claim against you for damages and may be a criminal offence.
- f) You agree that you will not use the Service for:
- (1) Unlawful, fraudulent, criminal or otherwise illegal activities
- (2) Sending, receiving, publishing, posting, distributing, disseminating, encouraging the receipt of, uploading, downloading, recording, reviewing, streaming or using any material which is offensive, abusive, defamatory, indecent, obscene, unlawful, harassing or menacing or a breach of the copyright, trademark, intellectual property, confidence, privacy or any other rights of any person
- (3) Knowingly or negligently transmitting or uploading any electronic material (including, without limit, files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs) which is known or likely to cause, interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment owned by us or any other Internet user or person.
- (4) Activities that are in breach of any other third party's rights, including downloading, installation or distribution of pirated software or other inappropriately licensed software, deletion of any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded, falsification of the origin or source of any software or other material.
- (5) Anything that may disrupt or interfere with our network or services or cause the network to crash.
- (6) Launching "denial of service" attacks; "mailbombing" attacks; or "flooding" attacks against a host or network. Scanning of networks or hosts for open ports or other vulnerabilities.
- (7) Making excessive use of, or placing unusual burdens on, the network, for example by sending or receiving large volumes of email or excessively large files or extended high volume data transfer of any kind. Should we deem your use of the Service excessive, we reserve the right to reduce your connection speed, or terminate your service. In such a situation you will not be eligible to access the Service.
- (8) Circumventing the user authentication or security process of a host or network.
- (9) Creating, transmitting, storing or publishing any virus, Trojan, corrupting program or corrupted data.
- (10) Collecting, streaming, distributing or accessing any material that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally collected, streamed, distributed or accessed.
- (11) Using the Service for any commercial or business purpose. You do not have the right to resell or enable access to the Service to any third party.
- g) You have the right to ask us to request a copy, amend if appropriate or delete personal information held at any time by emailing email@example.com or by writing to the Data Protection Team, 3rd Floor, County Hall, Belvedere Road, London, SE1 7PB.
Our Rights and Obligations:
- a) We do not ask you to share personal information for using our guest wi-fi network and we do not share any technical information we collect with third parties for marketing purposes. Once connected to the Guest wi-fi network, usage information is collected automatically by the wi-fi system which includes MAC addresses, domains visited and location data within the venue. This data is only used collectively to monitor and improve the wi-fi service and where necessary to aid with the security of the network. The data is not used for marketing purposes or to analyse user behaviour. Access to the technical and usage data is restricted to the IT Department only.
- b) We will not disclose the information collected in conjunction with the provision of the Service to a third party (other than is reasonably necessary for the technical implementation and delivery of the Service via our third party service providers). We do not use landing pages to offer marketing messages or offers.
- c) We do not guarantee the availability of the Guest wi-fi Service at any time. We are committed to providing uninterrupted access to the Service and will use our best endeavours to only allow system downtime and maintenance outside of normal operating hours. We reserve the right to modify or temporarily suspend the Service or any part of it without notice for emergency technical repair or upgrade for any reason.
- d) We segregate users within the guest wi-fi and do not provide additional security beyond what you already have on your device. We provide management and monitoring services only and do not modify any content. For that reason, we cannot be responsible for the security of any content you transmit or receive on the internet.
- e) Our liability shall be limited to the amount you have paid for the Service.
- f) Notwithstanding paragraph (d), we shall not be liable to you in any circumstances for any lost profits, business interruption, information or loss of data, security breach, loss of goodwill or other pecuniary loss, including loss or damage suffered as a result of any virus, denial of service, spamming or hacking (in each case whether direct or indirect), or any indirect, special or consequential losses,.
- g) Nothing in this agreement serves to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud, or for any other liability which it would be illegal to exclude or limit liability.
- h) We reserve the right to block any websites, web pages and content on such services we deem illegal, distasteful or generally unsuitable for the location in which this Service is provided. We do not wish to restrict your use of our Service unreasonably but by using this Service you agree to accept our filtering criteria which may change from time to time. We have no obligation to you to include sites that are blocked from use.