A great home-made alternative to a cheeky Jammy Dodger, Simple and quick to make. A light shortbread biscuit filled with strawberry jam. Perfect for any afternoon tea’s or snack with your morning coffee.
240g Plain Flour
80g Icing Sugar
200g Butter (Cut into small cubes, Leave at room tempareture)
100g Raspberry Jam
5 x Fresh Rasberrys
2 Free Range Eggs
1 Lemon (Zest)
pinch of Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 170C
2. Place the flour , butter , icing sugar, lemon zest and salt into a mixing bowl. Using your fingertips, rub the ingredients until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
3. Add the egg yolk and mix thoroughly till mix forms a dough.
4.Turn out and roll out to a thickness of 0.5cm. Using a 4cm cutter cut out half the mix into the required shape.
5. Then using a 2cm cutter cut the center out of half your 4cm cut dough.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden , Remove and place on a wire rack to cool.
7. Blend the fresh raspberry’s into your jam until create a smooth bright red jam.
8.Using a teaspoon place a small amount of jam into the center on the sable once cool, then place the cut out sable on to the top of the jam and press lightly so jam fills the hole in the middle as well as sticks the 2 sables together.
9. To garnish we drizzled a little dark chocolate across the top like the photo below