It seems at Dexter we have a lot of fresh talent on board. They are all excited about food and when you speak to our newest restaurant recruit Gianluca, it is clear to me that he is a ‘full on’ passionate, home cook. Have a pop at this beauty. This cheesecake is full of flavour, it will have you begging for more and will blow everyone’s mind. P.S, have the blog address/recipe ready to share. Your gonna need it!
For the blueberry syrup
• 100 gr blueberries
• Juice of ½ a lemon
• 3-4 tsp icing sugar
For the cheesecake
200g crushed shortbread biscuits
40g melted unsalted butter
40g coconut, dry toasted in a hot pan
1 can Carnation Condensed Milk Light (405 gr)
500g mascarpone cheese
juice of 2 lemons
1. Simmer the blueberries in a pan with the juice of half a lemon and the icing sugar until reduced to a thick sauce and until the blueberries will pop. Then let it cool.
2. Mix the biscuits and coconut with the melted butter in a bowl then press into
a cake tin. Chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
3. Whisk the condensed milk and mascarpone cheese until smooth.
4. Add the juice of 2 lemons until thick.
5. Spread half the mixture onto the biscuit base. Make a shallow well in the centre. Spoon the blueberry mixture into the well and top with the remaining mixture. Chill for about 4 hours before serving.