I’ve been watching a lot of Jamie recently, see the pork shoulder I put on the blog a few weeks ago. This recipe is also from his money saving meals programme and actually very easy to make. When it came out of the oven the only word to describe the pie was “Magnificent!”
100g pine nuts
1 packet of feta cheese
50g grated cheddar cheese
6 blocks of frozen spinach defrosted
207g filo pastry
Knob of melted butter
- Turn on your oven to 200.
- In a frying pan dry fry your pine nuts until darkened.
- In a bowl mix up your eggs, pine nuts, grated cheddar and crumble in the feta.
- Squeeze any excess water from the spinach and then ix that in.
- Before starting to assemble your pie take some grease proof paper large enough to cover the pan. Scrunch this up and run it under the tap, then squeeze out and lay flat on a chopping board.
- Brush some of the melted butter over the paper and then start layer by layer covering with the filo sheets. In between each layer brush with butter and season with salt pepper.
- When you have used all the filo pastry (around 4 sheets thick) gently move the paper and pastry into the frying pan and push into the sides.
- Now add you mixture of eggs and cheese and then gently fold the outer edge of the pie back over. Don’t worry if it tears just place on top. Now brush with remaining butter.
- On a medium heat for around 10 minutes keep the pie on the hob to start heating it through. Then place the whole pan in the oven for 20 minutes until the pie is browned and crispy.