Corporate Social Responsibility
Taking care as we grow
We exercised high levels of corporate social responsibility long before legislation or, dare we say, political correctness meant that we had to. CSR was a natural choice for us as it reflected the strongly held values of our founders and everyone that has helped develop the company ever since. As we continue to grow, we take care to develop and nurture our CSR policy to ensure we have as positive an impact of the world around us as possible.
- Winners of IIP for the 6th successive time
- Over 25 languages spoken by our team
- Our team work with and support Magic Breakfast and Springboard UK
- We recycle more than paper and cardboard - we give many of our unwanted pieces of furniture to local community groups or organisations.
- Over 70% of our waste is recycled.
- We strive to ensure energy efficient practices throughout each venue and promise to build energy efficiency into all new venues.
- We have established a team of ‘Green Champions’ in each of our venues who have responsibility for driving all environmental activities.
- We recycle our fluorescent light tubes, standard dry battery cells and general waste from our venues.
- We keep menus seasonal to limit our food miles.
- We use only Fair trade teas and coffees.
- We monitor all utilities consumption at our venues.
- Winners of various awards for our environmental policies
- We are part of the "Carepar" scheme which measure carbon emissions. This means that our clients can get a accurate independent account of how environmentally friendly our venues are. To see how the venue's score here and for more information on the scheme visit their website.
For more information and our complete CSR policy click here.